Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Coca-Cola pillow!

   Tomorrow is Levi and I's One year anniversary! It went by so quickly, on this day a year ago at this exact time he had just landed at the airport to come see me, and I was talking on the phone with him. Nervous, anxious, excited, impatient, Sooo many emotions as I waited for the next day to come, so I could meet the man of my dreams! Not to mention butterflies! I think I almost made myself sick!
Tomorrow, I will write about how I got to know Levi and how our whole relationship came about, but for now, I want to show you all what I made him!
   I have a box filled with a few gifts  for my guy of things I know he'll love, but being our one year anniversary I wanted to do more than just buy him gifts. I wanted to give him something a little more special and that would mean a little more to him. After putting a bit of thought into it around two months ago, I thought that making him a coca cola pillow out of my old coca cola T shirt would be a cool idea. It would be something made by his girl, made out of a t shirt that was once mine, and coca cola! ( he's all into collecting coke stuff..) I had the perfect vision of it in my head, but my moms sewing machine doesn't work and I had no clue how I was going to get my perfect little idea made into a reality.
   So here's where I got lucky... At the beginning of the year I decided to take a Home interior class for my second hour. Mostly, we learn about house plans, things to consider when buying/building a home, that kinda thing. My teacher, who is alllll into sewing, decided to give us a sewing project for a week to give us a break from the book work. And what was the project? Pillows! Even more odd, she wanted us to bring a t-shirt to incorporate into it. When and where did I get this luck?! I'd like to know!
   I had pictured the main fabric a coca cola fabric, whether it had coca cola written all over it or bottles, whatever I could find.  But when I went to the fabric store they had absolutely nothinnnng to do with coca cola. So I was a little upset.. I didn't want to buy plain black or red or white fabric, my idea in my head was much more creative then that. And I wanted to really impress him with it, not give him something mediocre!  So I was determined to find something that would look good and look boyish and not girly(; after awhile I felt like giving up,  but then I found the most perfect fabric that I loved even more than the coca cola fabric idea I had! The fabric was a red wood that looked and reminded me of a coca cola crate I had given him awhile back as part of his Christmas present.  I bought it, took it home to see how it would look with my shirt, and looooved it! Here's some pics! :)

                                                 The red wood fabric, and My T shirt :)
The front of the pillow! I used a serger for the whole entire pillow! And  around the coca cola too, to give it that black border :) 
Black cording around the edges...:
The finished product! :)  it's exactly what I envisioned, and I'm very very very happy with the outcome! And it's pretty good for not having a whole lot of seeing experience under my belt ;)  I'm so thankful that things worked out for me to get the chance to do this! 
I couldn't hold in the secret so I had to show him the pictures and he looooves it! I can't wait for him to get it in person and hear about how he loves it then. ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment