Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

How we met..

   When I was little, like most girls, I would dream of my future. Who I'd end up with, how we'd meet, where he'd be from, how he'd propose to me, how our wedding will go, where we'll live.. maybe not all girls, but speaking for myself, I definitely did! 
   I've always wanted my "prince charming".. I've always wanted someone who loved me, who was loyal and dedicated to us, who made me feel special and like the most beautiful girl in the world.. and someone that would never give up on me.. I knew I would never settle for anything less than a perfect, true and undying love, because if it wasn't that then I wouldn't be happy. Call me hard to please, but it's true. I take marriage seriously, and if I was committing my forever to a person, I would be absolutely in love with him and he with me and I'd be positive that he was someone I could be with forever.
   Levi lives in Oregon and I live in Oklahoma. Your probably thinking how in the worrllldddd did you meet him? Well, Levi's uncle and aunt moved here to Oklahoma a few years ago with their kids. One of their daughters, Alexis, started dating my brother, Tyler. While they were dating I had added Alexis's cousin, (Yup, Levi, ;) ) on Facebook. I had never met or talked to him, but I thought he was cute, so why not!? ;)  While Tyler and Alexis were dating, my grandpa got really really sick, and at the same time, Levi's mom got really really sick.. And they both ended up passing away. Before his mom passed though, I heard Alexis talking about it, so I wrote him on Facebook and told him his mom and his family were in my prayers and that if he wanted to talk I was there.. We didn't really talk too much then, but two months later he wrote me on Facebook and then asked for my number..and we have talked all day everyday since then! We " talked for about three months, and between staying up literally alllll night every night on the phone ( longest phone call was 7 hours ), face timing, texting 24/7, and him honestly becoming my best friend, I fell in love with him before I even met him. The wait to meet him felt soooo long.  
   Finally in September he flew down here for Tyler and Alexis's wedding, and I got to meet the man of my dreams! He asked me to be his girl within 10 minutes of being around me for the first time ;) the amount of butterflies and nervousness I felt as I walked up to him to meet him for the first time I cannot even beging to explain to you. And the amazing feeling of finally having him in person and knowing that I have my dream guy and YES, he's actually real, I still feel to this day ;) and that boy still gives me those crazy intense butterflies to this day, and our one year anniversary was last Saturday, the 28th! :)
   I never would've guessed when I was that little girl dreaming about all those things, that the guy I'd fall in love with would be from more than 2000 miles away. I never would've imagined finding someone like him at all! I truly have found my best friend and I am sooo in love with him. He's shown me what true love really is, and knowing that now I couldn't ever settle for anything less.  We get along so well, work together so well, compliment each others personalities, we're loyal, and dedicated to us. Which being in a long distance, you have to be for it to workout. He's my rock, and my source of all happiness. I can honestly say he's made me happier from 2000 miles away then anyone could that I seen everyday. And I wouldn't trade what him and I have for anything in the world! I look forward to my future with him more than anything else, and that's my real reason for waking up in the morning. 
   So for the next year, we'll have our random weeks and weekends together. We'll have FaceTime, Netflix, and PS3 dates when he's away. We'll stay up on the phone and fall asleep together every night. ( waking up to hear my guy breathing heavy or snoring on the phone is one of my favorite moments;) ) and We'll send each other random gifts and things. And Then, Lord willing this summer after he's finished with college, he'll be moving down here to finally be with me everyday! I'll finally get to have my perfect guy here with me.. And the thought of that makes me the happiest girl in the world. I'll then be a senior and have one year left of school, then our life will really begin(; 
   I'm so thankful for him and for all that he does for me, and for us. I'm thankful that God has allowed us to be in each others lives, We're both such a huge help to one another, and life without him would be a lot harder. I'm thankful God has given me this happiness, and I'll praise him for it every chance that I get! 
I'm really one blessed, and very lucky girl :) 
    

1 comment: