Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I'm pretty much a new person..


 

  I am one happy girl! Over the course of ten months, my teeth have went from living up to the expectations of my little hillbilly town, as you can see, to perfect! And I cannot be more excited. I'm a super self cautious person and have always been really insecure. I used to hate smiling at all, especially for pictures, and pretty much hated talking to people up close because I just knew they were staring at my teeth. Although Now that seems unlikely, because I hardly ever notice anyone else's teeth when I talk to them, Then the insecurity was just too overwhelming. I hated my teeth, but never wanted braces because I didn't want the "metal mouth". I am really active in sports but yet a pretty girly girl and the idea of having to wear a mouth guard out on the field and court sounded like the most awful thing anyone could put me through. People would FOR SURE be staring then. But yet getting the cut up lips and cheeks from NOT wearing the mouth guard didn't sound any better. So braces was a definite no. When I heard about +Invisalign  I begged and begged and convinced my mom to get them for me, and after about two years of begging, she agreed! Having "braces" without the "metal mouth" sounded so good, but not only did I  avoid the unsightly metal, people hardly ever noticed I had anything on my teeth at all. That alone was worth all the pain Invisalign gave me, and of course the annoying rule: "Brush your teeth after EVERY bite of food or drink"... Ya, as you can guess I didn't exactly follow through with that, but the thought of it is still annoying. 
    The first picture was taken in eighth grade. I'm now a junior in high school, and the second picture was taken the second I got home from the Orthodontist yesterday. I can't find anymore recent pictures that show my sad, sad crooked teeth, because I pretty much avoided pictures all together. When I did take them, I took them at certain angles where they didn't look so bad. I actually found the first picture on my Facebook page. What the heck was I thinking?! Needless to say I OBVIOUSLY need to go through my Facebook and delete some pictures. So glad to finally have a smile that's picture worthy! :)

2 comments: