Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Tonsillitis..

   After a week of sickness.. I just overcame Tonsillitis. Let me tell ya..it wasn't fun. I don't go to the Dr's or take medicine, So this solid week of some serious earaches in both ears, severely swollen tonsils and tonsil stones (Yuck!),  a serious sore throat and sinus headache,  has been nothing short of real tough. I couldn't swallow anything solid, pretty much anything besides ice cold water or warm green tea was unbearable to take in. I could barely talk, I slept horribly, felt nauseous,  and  lost three pounds. But thank the Lord Today I feel 100%! 
   I missed 4 1/2 days of school with this, and 2 softball games.  Talk about lots of  homework.. After I came back though, I had a softball tournament during school hours so I missed two MORE days. Even More homework.. But I came back from being sick and pitched a perfect game and we beat the team 10-0 (;  Tomorrow I get to go back to school and face the real world and find out exactly how much homework I have.:(
   So with no meds how did I get through this? After the nagging of my parents I was convinced to gargle hot Salt water.... Sounds sooo gross right?  Within this week I gargled more then my fair share of It, gagging each time ;P I did it about three times a day but it helped more than anything else. For future reference if you get Tonsillitis or even a bad sore throat, I highly recommend that! I also went through Two bags of mint flavored cough drops(the only kind I can stand), although I didn't have a cough they helped my sore throat alot. I drank  alot of vitamin C and alot of ZEAL!  I couldn't drink COFFEE. Guys i went a week without coffee... I really Don't know how I survived?! 
    Being cooped up in the house for a week, and I was definitely getting stir crazy. I was pretty weak and didnt feel well so I didn't do much but set around all day long with a cotton ball stuffed down each ear, a hot pad, and a big jug of ice cold water. ( Side note: Do ANY of you know how hard it is to wash your hair without getting water in your ears?! )  So I watched lots of Netflix,  sat around with some poorly washed hair :( and was pretty much on Facebook and Pinterest all day. That got pretty boring real quickly..I had no motivation to write in my blog, either. So since I just sat around all day,  I was constantly looking up different home remedies to help me out, to no avail. But I did find something interesting, Oil pulling! I tried it, and I used Coconut Oil. You can use any kind of oil but Coconut oil sounds much better than Olive or vegetable oil,  right?!  It wasn't near as bad as I imagined, to set there swishing oil in your mouth for nearly 20 minutes, and the results were awesome! My mouth felt super clean, my teeth were even shinier and whiter, and believe it or not my throat felt (a small, small amount) better. I haven't done it since, but I plan too. If you look it up and read about it it sounds like it has some pretty good benefits! :) 
   I am better now, and could not have made it through the week without the Love and Prayers from my amazing boyfriend! He made me feel better with his sweet words, and these BEAUTIFUL Flowers he sent me! 

He was sweet enough to stay up at night with me even when I could barely talk and he could barely understand me ;) the card told me to "Get better soon Amber Danae, I love you!" I'm pretty sure he felt worse than I did knowing I was sick lol.. Atleast he did a good job of making it sound that way ;) I love this sweet boy so much more than words can describe! Gods definitely blessed me with him, and I can't wait to see him again and kiss those sweet lips of his! Cannoottttt come soon enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment