Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Life has changed!

     Since my last post before the other day was all the way back in July, I have a lot of catching up to do.
     After we got back home from our Oregon Trip, (Read about it here) I only had about a week until my first day of my senior year. I was actually kind of ready to start, so that I could hurry up and get the next 8 or 9 months over with, and never have to step foot in that place again. But since then, I've started, and finished , high school. And it's only been 4 months. ;)
     This December I had my last day as a student, ever. I have no intentions of going to college, so in October I talked to my principle about graduating early. I was already only showing up for half days anyway, and the only two classes I had were easy blow off classes. I have literally taken every class my small high school of about 100 kids has. It was pretty boring doing nothing up there all day, so I figured id talk to him about finishing in December so that I could get a job Next semester. Well, he worked it out for me, and all that I had to do was take a few online classes to get a few more credits, and in after December, I wouldn't have to show up anymore! I will still graduate in May like all my other classmates, I just don't have to come to school anymore... I still can't believe it worked out so well for me! I also turned 18 in November.
     Since I didn't have school to occupy my time anymore, It was time to get my first job. Well, Being "ungraduated" (technically), and not having any job references considering I've never had a job before, I didn't think I'd be able to find a good job, ( That I'd enjoy..) that paid above minimum wage. Add the fact that I have a Jeep commander as a vehicle, which gets a whopping 10 miles per gallon, and that I live in Agra, which is a small town in the middle of no where that is a good 20 minutes from ANY other form of civilization.... The drive to my job would take most of my paycheck away in Gas money. So, I decided to babysit. Around here on Facebook we have local "buy, sell, and trade groups" which is basically like Craigslist, on Facebook. I posted on there saying I was looking for a kid to babysit full time, and that day someone that lives about 10 minutes from me responded. So now, I am babysitting a cute little girl named Haidyn from 6:15 AM til around 3, Monday through Friday. She's 2, And is so easily distracted with TV and her Tablet...Yes, a two year old has her very own tablet. She can even get on YouTube by herself and find Frozen videos without my help, but yet she can't talk... Or go to the bathroom on her own. Lol! I didn't get my first anything technology wise until I was about 6 and I got a game boy.. which is basically prehistoric now. And When I was two, I was probably still banging on toys that made noises. Times have indeed changed.  :P
     I get paid about a 100 a week, which isn't alot, but She's such a breeze to watch. If she's got her tablet, and Frozen is on the Tv, I'm basically home alone! Lol, She even takes 2 1/2 hour naps everyday. Which means I, also, take 2 1/2 hour naps everyday. Its great how things workout ;)
     I'm currently writing this post setting at.. Levi and I's kitchen table. Things have changed! I don't live with him, But this is going to be our first home after we get married.  And I'm in Charge of decorating! Well, I say I am, But we do it together. He's been a huge help to me with picking things out, and huge help financially. ;) I never expected to marry a man who had a good taste in decor, and that appreciates all the things we buy, or that even cared really.. Most men don't care too much, and think that the cheaper it is, the better! Because it all looks the same to them.. right?  Well I was pleased to find out Levi actually has an opinion, he has helped me make alot of decisions with our home.  Or, Maybe he just pretends to have an opinion, and just agree's with everything I say...? Lol!   I'm okay with not knowing! ;)
     I babysit Haidyn over here every day, and I'm here by 6am every morning. Levi and I get to have breakfast and coffee together before he heads off to work everyday, which makes getting up so early totally worth it! Then I spend all day here, clean the house, watch Haidyn, and Then Levi comes back for an hour for lunch, so I make him something to eat. It basically feels like I'm Living here already!
     We aren't engaged yet, But have plans of maybe getting married this Summer, Lord willing.  We will see how things go, but as for now, I'm perfectly content with how my life is going. Hopefully by Next July, I'll be Mrs. Amber Martin! ;)
     I will definitely have some before and after pictures of our house posted sometime soon!

7 comments:

  1. Love is in the air between the two of you. Drinking coffee together is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes mornings alot better for me! Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe you're a year younger than me because our lives are so completely different! I'm 19 and haven't any feasible plans for the future but you're all set which is so cool! Is your situation the norm in Oklahoma? I'm English and you seem so grown up considering marriage and moving out! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't say its the norm, 18 is still considered pretty young for marriage to most people, but I do know quite a few who were married at 18, including my mother and sister! I even know a few married at 16.. just within the past year actually haha! I'm sure that sounds crazy too you! Whats the norm in England? Thanks for Reading!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for replying! Early 20s is still considered young in England - I'd say that most people marry and start a family between mid 20s and mid 30s although there are plenty of people who have babies young. It's so interesting hearing about your life because it's so different to mine!! I'll keep reading your blog as you post new bits! X

      Delete
  3. Very interesting to see how full of future ideas you are :-) I was a lot like that too, still waiting for those ideas to surface whilst I'm heading 30 haha, good for you!
    Life inside the Locket

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amber,
    I have nominated you for the Liebster Award, please check it out :)

    ~~ http://reginareviews.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/liebster-award-my-nominations.html ~~

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete