Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Expectations

   4AM and I'm wide awake in bed. I find myself in this position almost every night of the week.. Sleep at normal hours is apparently out of the question for me. With no one to talk to, nothing on TV to occupy my mind, and no one posting on Facebook for me to read to somewhat distract me until I get those heavy eyelids that I so desire..I lay here drowning in my own thoughts. Don't you know that a girl, awake at 4 AM ith nothing to do but pick through her own thoughts can be a bad thing?  Maybe it's not so bad when you have a blog to put all said thoughts into.. Lol
   With so many thoughts and topics  i could discuss and  write about rolling through my mind, I guess ill pick one and go for it. Let's talk about, expectations
   Are some people's expectations too high? Unfortunately, yes. Are some too low? In some cases, yes. Where's the happy median? What SHOULD we actually expect from the one we love? 
   The answer is pretty short. Nothing. If you're in love, your content with their very presence, their simple touch. You don't EXPECT anything out of them, because your content with simply...them. Your content with their soft kiss, the way they cuddle with you when your cold, their laugh, and the cute details about them like the way they look when they get angry, The way they laugh at all your jokes, and how they respect you. And if they love you too, they'll give to you because they want too, and not because its expected of them. You shouldn't expect shopping sprees or gifts to constantly be thrown your way. You shouldn't expect a huge mansion, the newest car, constant date nights, or what have you. If you love that person, those things are so small and unimportant. You'd live in a shack if it meant that you got to spend every day of your life with that person. It's the little things, like being excited for the clock to roll around to show he's almost off work. It's his sweet compliments. a random just because bouquet of flowers, its cuddling on the couch, or even a random sweet text just so you know he's thinking of you.. That are actually the BIG things. And those little big things will bring you so much more happiness then any fulfilled high expectations would any day..
That's love folks. That's the word that's far too often thrown around with little meaning, or actual knowledge of what strong powerful emotions it actually describes. 
   I'm thankful to know the difference, and to have someone who's showed me what real love is. Im thankful that  I know how important the little things are, and that I don't have high expectations. I'm thankful to have a guy, who in the same way doesn't expect anything from me.  We don't expect anything from eachother, but yet we love and surprise eachother, because we want too. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment