Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Tomorrow isn't promised..

When we think of death, we tend to think of an old person, Someone that's passed away in their sleep after having lived their full lives. We like to think of men and women who have been married, have had children, grandchildren, and have went through the trials and tribulations this life undoubtedly has in store, and are ready to leave this earth to go on and make heaven their home. It's a nice thought, but that's not always how it works out. Wouldn't it be nice If everyone was guaranteed this?

As a 16 year old girl the idea of my death seems far far away as well as impossible. I wake up and live my life daily, always thinking of tomorrow as if it's promised. I think days, weeks, even months ahead of time as if there's absolutely no possible way anything could happen between now and then. We all like to think "Ohhh that'd never happen to me," or even if it did, we like to think of ourselves as invincible, that we could pull through anything that came our way.  Waking up to hearing a friend you've known since Kindergarten has passed away in a car accident, of course is hard to believe. But it really does give you a new perspective.. Today I realize how fragile life is. I realize that at any point, on any day, my life could be taken.

With realizing this, I understand I'm not where I should be in life, And that getting to where I need to be should be a bigger priority.  Knowing that I could be taken at any time makes me want to strive to be a better person, and to make sure I let the people that I love know that I love them.  Instead of only grief and sadness,  I hope people are able to get some good out the situation, and maybe even let it inspire them to be better and not to take each day or your loved ones for granted. I'm thankful for another day that I have here on earth to get myself where I should be in order to make heaven my home, and thankful for another day with all my loved ones. I hope and pray that when it is my time to go, I'll be ready. 


James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."

No comments:

Post a Comment