Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Is there anything else on?!


   Watching my little niece today! I had the pleasure of hearing her not so quietly make herself known this morning as she walked into my quiet, cool, perfect for sleeping room, (With a closed door might I add. Shouldn't that mean "Don't Disturb"?!). She sung .."Rise and SHINNEEEEE! It's morning TIMEEEE!!" Shes 4.. Cute, right? No. Not at 9 AM. Not at 8 AM. And especially not at 7 AM. Not when you're on summer break and you dedicate every single morning to sleeping in past 10..
   She's very..VERY involved in this show. It's pretty much the Chinese version of Dora the Explorer. I'm sure to her this show is great, but if you asked me I'd tell you differently!
   What happened to Blues Clues? Little Bear? The Rugrats? Madeline? The Little Mermaid? Aladdin?  All the cartoons I grew up with? The kinda cartoons I can actually STILL get involved in even at 16. Cartoons that weren't extremely computer animated with weird music and weird characters. My generations cartoons were the best! Although I'm sure the generations before me would say the same for theirs too, I'm pretty sure we're all in unison when we say that the kids now days have no idea what good cartoons are. I still have quite a few more years til I have kids... And I'm a little scared to see what cartoons my littles are going to want to watch. :|  

No comments:

Post a Comment