Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Trina Martin..

   If you've read any of my previous posts you've probably seen me talk a little (or a lot) about Levi. And if you read my post about an award then you might've heard me talk about Levi's mother. 
   Trina passed away before I got the chance to know her, and has now been gone for over a year now. But for the last six years of her life she wrote a blog that I am so thankful for! From her blog I feel as if I've gotten to know her, and her personality, as well as hear of a lot of stories from her life and about Levi and his brothers that I would've never heard otherwise.  You can visit her blog here
   I'm always looking for ways to remind Levi of how much I love him and I loooooove getting him gifts and surprising him! But instead of buying something I decided to make him a gift that would mean something to him.

   I decided to print off every blog post of Trina's, put them in order from first to last, and make a book of it for Levi. :) It's even completed with a little bookmark ribbon and plastic sheet protectors! I chose green paper for the cover because her blog was green, and that photo was at the top of her blog. 
   The whole process of printing this off was stressful! It took way more ink than I imagined and therefore it took longer than I imagined to make. And ink isn't cheap :P I also bought three different binders trying to find one the perfect size. My whole plan for it pretty much changed daily. But I had to make sure it was perfect!      
   I'm very happy with the result of it, and so was Levi(: Levi HATES surprises, or atleast when I taunt him with a "hey I got somethin for ya, but I can't tell you what it is" (; I kept this book a secret for over a MONTH!  Almost two MONTHS! Which was incredibly hard for me! Especially with Levi being my best friend, of course I wanted to tell him all about it. I kept it a secret up until the point that I gave it to him. He wasn't expecting a gift at all, but especially not this gift... :) 
   He bought me some pretty AMBER earrings to surprise me with too:)  They're so beautiful and I wasn't expecting them at all! So glad I had a surprise for him too, I would've hated not having something to give back! 
  I'm Definitely glad I took the time to make this book for him, I know he appreciates it and ill be glad to have it for our kids when they get old enough to read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment